Planning events takes a great deal of time and consideration. This is probably why people often hire professional event planners from the outset – to avoid all of the problems. If you will not be hiring an event planner, however, you will need to make sure that you have covered everything, especially when it comes to event equipment hire. Here are some things that you need to think about and consider from the very beginning.
- Sound Equipment – Sound equipment is almost always needed at an event. This could be sound for a presentation, or a PA system for those who will speak or for announcements. DJ equipment may also be required, depending on the type of event that you are holding. Along with sound equipment, you may also require the services of a sound engineer, and this equipment and these services are usually best booked well in advance. Make sure that acoustics are also considered, and work with a sound engineer to get the equipment needed, or to make changes to the venue for better acoustics.
- Video Equipment – Event equipment hire often includes the rental of video equipment. This may be equipment that is used for a presentation, or equipment that is rented to record the event. You may also need a video specialist or engineer, depending on the circumstances. Make sure that you have a clear idea as to what is needed, so that you can reserve equipment and services as far in advance as possible.
- Lighting Equipment – Lighting equipment may or may not be needed depending on the venue for the event, as well as the time of the day or night that the event takes place. Lighting can be rented, and lighting engineers can even be hired to install the lighting in the best possible way for your event. Realize that you need more than light. You need the right light for the atmosphere that you want to create, as well as for the general safety of those attending your event.
- Staging Equipment – Often for an event equipment hire staging is needed. This may be staging for the actual equipment, or staging for people who are giving presentations. Staging can be rented, and the costs are surprisingly reasonable. Staging is usually delivered, set up, and picked up and dismantled by the service that rents it out as well.
- Seating – Will seating be needed for your audience or your guests? Will tables be required? What about serving tables? How many chairs are needed? All of these questions must be answered so that the proper equipment – in the proper amounts – can be reserved well in advance, and delivered on time.
Other considerations for event equipment hire include generators and power, decoration, china or other serving dishes, and even toilets for some venues. Make sure that you have considered everything that your audience will require during your event, as well as what you require to hold the event so that you are not left without when the big day arrives.